The 11th Call for Research Grants received a total of 99 applications, of which 59 were for psychiatry projects and 40 for neuroscience projects. The corresponding Evaluation Committees were established, made up of six neuroscientists from Spain’s Council for Scientific Research (CSIC) and six psychiatrists specialising in child and adolescent psychiatry.
The Research Grants in the Area of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry were awarded to:
– The team led by Dr Montserrat Dolz Abadia of Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, Barcelona, which includes the researchers Lourdes Ibañez Toda and Ramón Deulofeu Piquet. Project Title: “Neurobiological Markers of Stress for Psychosis Risk: the Role of Cortisol and Prolactin”.
– The team led by Dr Maite Garaigordobil Landazabal of the Faculty of Psychology at the University of the Basque Country, San Sebastian, which includes the researchers Elena Bernaras Iturrioz and Joana Jaureguizar Albonigamayor. Project Title: “Prevention Programme of Depressive Symptomatology in Schoolchildren Aged 8-9 Years”.
– The team led by Dr María Luisa Lázaro García of the August Pi i Sunyer Biomedical Research Institute (IDIBAPS) – Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, which includes the researchers Sergio Mas Herrero and Amalia Lafuente Flo. Project Title: “Identification of Pharmacogenetic Predictors in the Therapeutic Response to Fluoxetine in Children and Adolescents (Part II).”
– The team led by Dr Anna Sans Fitó of Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, Barcelona, which includes the researchers Cristina Boix LLuch, Xavier Caldú Ferrus and Cristina Serra Amaya. Project Title: “Difference in the Cognitive and Behavioural Profile of Children with FASD (Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder) and ADHD in Two Age Groups: Phenotypical and Neuroimaging Correlation”.
The Research Projects in Child and Adolescent Neurosciences awarded grants in 2015 were:
– The team led by Dr Francesc Artigas Pérez, of the Barcelona Biomedical Research Institute – Spanish Council for Scientific Research (IIBB-CSIC) which includes the researchers Pau Celada, Noemi Santana Ramos and Julia Gasull Gamós. Project Title: “Brain Oscillations as Biomarkers of Cognitive Involvement in Schizophrenia: Importance for Diagnosis in Adolescence”.
– The team led by Dr Angel Luis Barco Guerrero, of the Neuroscience Institute, Miguel Hernández University – Spanish Council for Scientific Research (UMH-CSIC) in San Juan, Alicante, which includes the researchers Luis Miguel Valor Becerra, José Pascual López-Atalaya and Beatriz del Blanco Pablos. Project Title: “Screening of Epigenetic Changes Common to Distinct Syndromes Associated with Autism and Intellectual Disability”.
– The team led by Dr Pascual Sanz Bigorra of the Valencia Institute for Biomedicine (CSIC) which includes the researchers Maria Adelaida García Gimeno and Rosa Viana Ballester. Project Title: “Molecular Bases of Epilepsy in Lafora Disease”.