The Alicia Koplowitz Foundation has published the results of its X Annual Announcement of Research Grants in childhood and adolescent psychiatric research and neurosciences in children during the closing session of its IX Scientific Sessions held on 10 October in Madrid.
The five Research Grants in childhood and adolescent psychiatric research have been granted to the following research teams:
– The team led by Dr. Ferrán Catalá-Lópezof the Fundación Instituto de Investigación en Servicios de Salud in Valencia, with the participating investigators Dr. Rafael Tabarés‑Seisdedos, Prof. Dr. David Moher and Dr. Brian Hutton. Title of the project: “Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents: Evaluation of comparative treatment efficacy and safety based on the networked metaanalysis of controlled clinical trials”.
-The team led by Dr. Astrid Morer Liñan,of the Institut d’Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS) in Barcelona, with the participating investigators Dr. Carles Serra‑Pagès and Dr. Patricia Gassó. Title of the project:“Microglial deregulation through the study of monocytes in obsessive‑compulsive disorder of onset in childhood”.
-The team led by Dra. María Carmen Orellana Alonso of the Hospital Universitari i Politècnic La Fe in Valencia, with the participating investigators Dr. Francisco Martínez‑Castellano, Dr. Mónica Pilar Roselló‑Piera and Dr. María Francisca Moreno‑Macián. Title of the project:“The oxytocin pathway in autistic spectrum disorders: importance of the genetic variants with functional relevance”.
– The team led by Dra. Ana María Peiró Peiró, of the Hospital General Universitario in Alicante, with the participating investigators Dr. María Auxiliadora Javaloyes‑Sanchís, Dr. Rocío Jadraque‑Rodríguez and Dr. Eduardo Fernández‑Jover. Title of the project: “Actimetry synchronized with the FITBIT Flex system: evaluation of sleep disturbance measured by actigraphy and its application to autistic spectrum disorders”.
– The team led by Dña. Pilar Santamarina Pérez,of the Fundació Clinic per a la Recerca Biomédica (FRCB), Hospital Clínic inBarcelona, with the participating investigators Dr. Soledad Romero‑Cela, Dr. Iria Méndez‑Blanco and Ms. Elena Font‑Martínez. Title of the project: “Clinical and cerebral changes associated to dialectical behavioral therapy in adolescents with suicidal behaviors”.
The two Research Grants in neurosciences in children have been granted to the following research teams:
– The team led by Dr. Pere Berbel Navarro, of the Universidad Miguel Hernández in Alicante, with the participating investigators Dr. Santiago Canal‑Gamoneda, Dr. Daniela Navarro and Dr. Jesús Pacheco‑Torres. Title of the project: “Role of the maternal thyroid hormones during lactation in maturation of the telencephalic commissures of the nursing infant. Correlation between magnetic resonance imaging and axon maturation; possible clinical application”.
– The team led byDra. M. Julia García Fuster, of the Instituto Universitario de Investigación en Ciencias de la Salud (UNICS), Universidad de las Islas Baleares (UIB), Palma de Mallorca, with the participating investigators Dr. Jesús A. García‑Sevilla and Dr. Benjamin Keller. Title of the project: “Neuroadaptations induced by consumption of the psychostimulants d‑amphetamine, methamphetamine and MDMA during adolescence: Implications for addiction”.